Order of Light & Order of Fading Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE

5 posters

Go down

PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE Empty PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE

Post  Talernar Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:53 am

Well it's that time in the game where myself and a few other's will be trying to put together a warzone team for ranked games, and idea's of what we might need to do to start work on this would be very much welcome.

will also be talking with the rest of the officer's and GM's to get thing's up and running but if anyone is interested, please let us know

with in time are guild will be feared by all or you can all get me lol
Talernar
Talernar
Guild Quartermaster

Back to top Go down

PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE Empty Come and feel the burn...

Post  Heulog Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello all,

As a regular PvPer I would happily welcome any group signups in Warzones and especially the goal of having our own Ranked Warzone team in Guild.

What I would suggest is Anyone interested in Signing together for Warzones to put their name in here so we can see the numbers interested.

Then on a Non-Ops night we can start off with grouping for the "normal" 50s warzones to start Gearing and to see how we operate as a team.

Even if there is only 2 or 3 interested at any given time it will be better than Queuing solo as we can work better together.

Having Ops gear is good for Ops and it is ok up to a point in Warzones BUT - Expertise stat is move important than all others in Warzones. It increases your damage done, reduces damage received so when u start even if u got great Ops gear you will need to swap some out as the expertise stat is a masive bonus even over gear which looks like it has much higher stats.

For example, in my PvP gear my Expertise allows me to hit 23% harder and reduces my damage taken by 19%. It also allows 12% more healing on me.

Another important note, like all team "sports" - being on Teamspeak is VITAL.

The Imps have about 7-8 PvP guilds, and they are all Well Geared in War hero stuff, plus they use voice comms like TS to announce incs to bases, healers to shout they under heavy attack or to say when to pass in Hutt-ball etc

Main good Imp Guilds are :-

Sith Dominion
Blacklisted
Reborn
Atrocity
Enigma
Crimson Moon

There are a couple of others but I cant remembe the names. However If u see players in these teams in the normal WZs u know they will generally be well Geared and working as a smooth unit.

Voice comms also makes it SOOOOO much easier as u dont need to look in chat, u can respond striaght away.

The other beauty of playing with Guildies even if u are new to PvP, is as long as u listen and follow the basics principals of PvP and tactics of each Warzone (WZ) (which I will post in another topic), then we will operate MUCH better than the general mixed ability groups u get when u sign up solo.

The other bonus to doing PvP, is it will sharpen up your skills in Ops as well for sharper movement, awareness around you and switching targets etc so this is another reason to try the world of PvP.
Heulog
Heulog
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE Empty Re: PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE

Post  Leorra\Leornis\Kalthra Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

i am willing to try, and play a lot of competitive games like LoL or BF3 but never tried pvp in swtor yet. Main blocker being requiring multiple sets of armour and limited time in the day to play but might be something for my vanguard to spec into since we have plenty of tanks for pve.

Leorra\Leornis\Kalthra
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE Empty Not too much a grind..

Post  Heulog Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 am

I generally play Warzones as I dont have that much time and with games generally lasting around 15-20mins max for me they are great "pick up and drop".

Also if u havent "cashed" it in yet there is a quest which will either give u 320k credits or a full set of RECRUIT level pvp armor. I suggest if u got any decent ops gear then still take the cast but substitute some of your weaker gear by buying the recruit pvp armor u need to give u some benefit.

If u have a new level 50 then the full recruit token is a great way to get decent enough gear for HM flashpoints (thats how i started) and it gives u a decent enough staerter for pvp also.

There is 1 daily for PvP which is play 6 games... HOWEVER if u win a game it counts as 2 games. There is also a weekly which is win 9 games...

The daily gives 100 Ranked Warzones tokens and 100 Warzones commendations. The weekly gives 300 of each.

I found when I started with the full set of recruit I was buying new pieces of the next tier armor "battlemaster" set pretty quickly.

Any questions on this plz ask me here or in-game
Heulog
Heulog
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arliden Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 am

Well, I suck at pvp, it's a little bit chaotic for me and the game look more like a slideshow when I play warzones (soo much lags). But if you need cannon fodder, I'm at your service Wink

Arliden
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  IlseA Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:23 am

My interest in PvP is waxing and waning fairly rapidly. It was fun, but now that I have the full Warmaster gear, I am totally discouraged by the price of the War Hero set. Come on, 3200 ranked WZ commendations for the chest, when you can get at most 100 per day for playing 6 games (like 2 hours solid) and 300 weekly by winning 9 games ? This is really a bad grind, when you are frequently up against premades that are full of no-lifers in almost full war hero gear.

So I'm not doing any PvP atm, alhtough tanking in wz was fun for a while. I might consider it if a good group is created, but...

IlseA
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

PVP warzone ranked Games are HERE Empty dont think of the grind .. think of fun as a guild group :)

Post  Heulog Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:31 am

Yes Ilse you are correct that the "grind" does get a bit tough from the full set of Battlemaster PvP gear to the higher level "war hero" gear.

Battlemaster gear is bought with Warzone commendations

War Hero Gear is bought with Ranked Warzone commendations.

Currently like u said u can obtain 100 ranked WZ comms (+100 WZ comms) from the "play 6 games" daily. Remeber a win counts as 2 games.

U also gain 300 Ranked WZ comms (+300 WZ comms) from the weekly which is win 9 games.

Then the "grind" is WZ comms can be converted into Ranked WZ comms at the not great rate of 30 WZ comms = 10 Ranked WZ comms..

While I agree this can be a grind when playing solo, I also beleive that the "fun factor", "skill factor" and win rate can increase if we have 2,3,4 guildies playing as a co-ordinated unit in normal WZs before we even dare consider ranked ones.

I am happy to put clear tactics and strategies for all WZs with optimum roles for each class to maximise success in each type of warzone there is. I think if I do this, then more people will be aware of how to be more successful within any Warzone and how to influence the fight better.

WZs isnt about doing the most damage... Its about do the damage at the right time.. sometimes its better to Stun / snare / CC and use knockbacks to cap turrets , plant bombs or make / receieve a pass.

If there is interest I will make a detailed post.

Heulog
Heulog
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down