Order of Light & Order of Fading Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles

2 posters

Go down

Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles Empty Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles

Post  Heulog Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Hello all,

Most of u know I love a bit of team competition in Warzones. I wanted to share 2 WZ builds that I have used to great effect and explain a bit out the pros and cons of each style and how best to use them in WZs.

Firstly it is IMPORTANT that whatever spec u choose you need to understand exactly why u have picked it and how to use the "procs" etc to maximise ur DPS or to cause chaos with root/stuns/CC etc.

The most important part of good WZ play isnt just hitting the crap out of any enemy u see near you. A stun or root or CC or interupting a healer is just as important as killing people.

Before I go into more advanced WZ Tips I want to share with u 2 builds I have used in Warzones.

Build 1 - "Balance Spec" 3/7/31

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600cMfRsMkrfzZhZf00M.2

This is the DoTs King spec, think of it like an affliction Warlock in WoW. To maximise this build uses

force in balance
with the talent force-suppression to maximise the DoT damage.

U use Mind Crush ALWAYS when presence-of-mind procs as it gives u instant cast with 20% more damage. Only use instant cast disturbance if mind crush still has long CD left as it does alot less damage especially if force in balance has the 10 stacks of extra damage applied to the target as the mind crush DoT part will do alot of damage then.

Pros to this build - plenty of roots on enemy with sever-force, Instant cast force-lift plus the usual slowing of telekinetic-throw and the 4 sec stun & 4 sec snare (names coming as I cant remember off top of my head)

Cons - lack of Burst. While total damage overall is decent, u need to uses force in balance then DoT up people to get multiple dots ticking. Harder to kill players 1 on 1 or to burn down a healer. You can spend alot of time DoTing enemies up while using Tele Throw and insta Mind Crush Procs till Force in Balance CD is up.

Force management issues - Sensible use of Force Quake required and in long fights if u have a healer keeping u up you can run out of force if u don't use alot of Tele Throws

Best role is from afar DoTing enemies up with Sever Force and Weaken Mind then using Tele Throw to slow down and use it as "filler damage" while proccing instant cast mind crush.

Only use Force Quake where there are alot of enemies and they are not likely to run away and waste it.

Make the most of your instant cast force lift to immobilise enemy players away from groups of fighting. if u use it on people in the middle of a fighting group some noob will always break it.

Use mind snap sensibly to interupt healers or any "big hits" enemy will do - dont waste it on smaller attacks.

Use Sever force on melee especially as the 2 sec root is annoying.

I used this build while levelling and for a while in 50s Warzones.

However... due to the lack of burst I was getting slightly frustrated with this build so l look and experimented with other talent combinations..

This next build is the one I currently use and I find it highly effective and enjoyable.

Telekinetics/Balance hybrid 25/16

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600cMcRs0zZZfsrzdoMuz.2

While this build doesnt unlock the "extra ability" from the top of any talent tree, the amount of proc options and total abilities available make it a real hard hitting "pain in the ass" in Warzones.

Benefits of this spec...

Telekinetic throw is still has no CD and will also proc instant cast Disturbance or Mind Crush doing 20% more damage.

Disturbance now has a 30% chance to proc another instant cast one doing 30% of damage

Disturbance also has a 30% chance to proc instant cast telekinetic-wave normally a 2.6sec cast.

Force Quake also has a 10% chance to proc on each tick to activate this insta tele wave.

Project still has 45% proc chance of another insta one.

Disturbance now becomes uber important and should always be used over mind crush. (i only really hit an insta mind crush if I am about to die)

Weaken Mind Crits can activate psychic-projection. this turns tele throw into a machine-gun with a half time channel for same damage.

U now have this extra "relic" mental-alacrity.

Combining this with force-potency and a stored up insta cast Disturbance plus another instant cast Project - You get 2 instant cast hard hits, which both got a big chance to proc "double hits" plus, if u dot the enemy up before u hit mental alacrity u can also get the fast tele throw for extra burst.

As long as u time it right and havent been stunned, u can fire off 1 sec cast disturbance, U use instant cast Project when its off CD, and also mix in any instant cast Tele Wave AoE procs for max damage. Combine this with mind snap interupts on a healer and u can burn them down quickly.

You also can use instant cast Force in Balance in the mix here for extra oomph.

The only cons to this build is you are essentially a "glass cannon". You have less snares as no Sever Force and Force Lift now has a long cast time. For me in WZs some fool usually breaks my Force lift so i wasnt worried about losing it.

A variant on this build to give u some Snare options is to lose 2 points - 1 from Force armor and 1 point from talent telekinetic-momentum

Put the 2 points in force-wake This is ultimately good in Voidstar where if u time it right and u hit them as they drop from the middle re-spawn point, you will knock them back and prevent them getting near to someone capping a door.

Also, you have greater mobility from the talent telekinetic-effusion which on force attacks that crit lowers Force speed CD by 10 secs.

One final advantage of this Hybrid build is I never run out of Force which is especially important in WZs where u got a healer up your ass Smile

Disturbance attacks proc concentration (you getting the idea how great disturbance is in this build Razz ) which increases force regen.

Telekinetic Throw talent psychic-barrier regens force also.

Plus telekinetic-effusion talent reduces force cost of next 2 attacks by 50% when force attacks crit..

So there is alot of Force Regen abilities here. Smile

Main playing style of this build is "Gun & Run", playing from far away from enemies as u can, as u got the talent which increases ur range of Disturbance amd some others by 5m.

You have 3 AoE attacks Force Quake, Force in Balance & Telekinetic Wave (I only use it when it insta procs as for me 2.6 sec casttime too long in PvP)

Plus if u DoT up a few people with weakened mind every 10secs ur Telekinetic Throw is a fast one Smile

U also got the large number or Proc chances for extra hits with disturbance and Project plus insta Tele Wave. This gives alot of burst damage.

1 Important thing to note. In the Customisable UI I always make my Portrait much larger or as large as I can.

This is done to allow me to see clearly when the "procs" occur so I know when to use them. If u cannot see when the instant procs are ready, then u will find the build much harder to play.

Hope this flavor or 2 types of styles and how and when we use it helps others consider thier Sage build in Warzones. Any Questions please reply here or ask me in-game. I am always happy to help and bounce Sage theory around.

Last edited by Heulog on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 am; edited 6 times in total
Heulog
Heulog
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles Empty Re: Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles

Post  Rj/Adon'ar Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Nice, nice ! (The part wich isn't a link, Razz)
[Only admins are allowed to see this link] It's, yea, that problem again.. * calls 911, I mean, Adesta ! *
Rj/Adon'ar
Rj/Adon'ar
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles Empty Admin only can see links... not anymore..

Post  Heulog Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Fixed link issue in Forum Admin, so all should be able to read links now.

Last edited by Heulog on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heulog
Heulog
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles Empty Re: Sage Warzone Specs and playing styles

Post  Rj/Adon'ar Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Heulog wrote:Fixed link issue should be able to read all now.

All clear Smile !
Rj/Adon'ar
Rj/Adon'ar
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down