Order of Light & Order of Fading Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ev HM ops run summary

+5
Rj/Adon'ar
Oddball
Heulog
Arliden
Talernar
9 posters

Go down

Ev HM ops run summary  Empty Ev HM ops run summary

Post  Talernar Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:03 am

Denova/Ev Hm was on the book's tonight and very good run,

denova coast went will but didn't get the bossess down but will try again next week,
would have kept tring but are off-tank alisdair come acorss lot's of lag and had to
leave so we then recriut a off tank pandael (have done run's with before on trask server)

Had a bit of problem's with the run and the odd wipe here and there one a bug on the
infurnal concil i could target or see my target so one tip to all don't ever attack them just
as they drop give a few second's.

but will be doing soa on monday night for those that can make it,

as well had a little problem with loot tonight,
we run on a need before greed systum but if the item that drop's you have better for and roll for a need roll but do not need more then someone else the roll will not be counted and the gear will go to the next best roll.

we do this so that everyone can progress not to be nasty or greedy but we are a guild that must help each other and to roll on something when you do not really need it is wrong and will not be looked kindly on.

looting is As fair as i can make it if someone has a problem with this please send me a PM out of game on the forum or to one of the other GM's or to are officer's, but in the future please be aware everyone of the gear of other's within the group and this shouldn't happen again.
Talernar
Talernar
Guild Quartermaster

Back to top Go down

Ev HM ops run summary  Empty Re: Ev HM ops run summary

Post  Arliden Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 am

Gratz on the run guys
but I have one question: do the "sign ups" even count for anything? I mean I was signed up for this run and online but didn't get an invitation to group. I know that I was in fp but I finished it few minutes after you've started the op. I don't want to accuse anyone, just saying that it made me feel a little forgotten and neglected

Arliden
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Ev HM ops run summary  Empty U should always signup if u want to run Ops

Post  Heulog Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Signups should count and should be essential or a priority if any player is half interested in running Ops regularly.

When people sign up it allows the Guild to organise Ops more efficiently and this means less time hanging about at the start of a run and the uncertainty of hoping "is someone is maybe going to come online, or do we PuG any players??" if not enough players signup.

However, players should only sign if they are a definite "yes" or to say in the reply that they are 50/50 and if things change to amend the post they first made.

Reliability is THE most important quality for OPs which is after all an 8man team "sport".

U wouldn't be in a football or rugby team and tell them u playing saturday and not show... Or, at least u would have the courtesy to phone them quickly to say u cant make it ...

These simple communications allow things to run more smoothly, allowing quicker runs which are especially important for a few players in Guild who dont have that much spare time to play and need to make a big effort to get enough gametime in an evening to run an Ops.

There is nothing worse than people who dont sign up and login on the night on the off chance of getting in a run. We all know if we got a free night and even if u only find out an hour before Ops time it takes literally less than a minute to login to forum and write a 1 line post " XXXXX is available tonight "

I never beleive the regular answer rec'd when players are asked why dont u sign up using website and only login to game and ask "Is anything happening tonight...? (important! this scenario is generally in WoW and not just limited to SWTOR) reply ... "i never know if I got time in a night.. and I'm always busy.." to me that stock reply is simply general laziness and lack of effort. After all Ops does take a bit of effort.

If u cant manage a tiny effort of 2mins to go to our website, then that doesn't show much dedication to wanting to do Ops Smile

I hope signing will be done by all in the future as it makes the fine people who organise the ops for all lives ALOT easier Smile

That way Ops times can have a specific start time and not the current we will start between 19:00 - 20:00.

Even social guilds in wow who raided used websites to signup for raids. If u didnt sign you didnt get considered, that way people signed up even if it was 30 mins before the raid start time.

Raids started at a specific time eg. 20:00 and if u wanted to go to the raid/Ops u logged in 20mins before the start time to get ready and make sure gear repaired, flasks, potions etc (stims, adernals for swtor) all ready and waiting for the invite so we could start on time.

This wasnt "hardcore", this type of guild was the same as we have here. The only difference was we were all used to signing up on website so the GMs / Officers could see how many players were interested, we got going quickly and spent more time killing stuff than hanging about trying to get people in from out of guild or waiting to see if anyone else was coming online.

By making their job easier we get more run organised more quickly which translates to more time killing the bosses, which is after why we do Ops Smile In turn this mean more fun for all.

It also allows us to name a team before the start so people can plan if they are in the team or not on that night OR if we got enough players to run a 16man Ops or 2 8 man teams..

Again knowing this is good for the individual and good for all who know we going to have a good turnout (or not) on any given night.

Apologies if I have gone on a bit , but the point needs to be hammered home to everyone about how important Ops signing is and being online for the start time

And nothing I have said is any way hardcore, just common sense and allowing Ops to start sooner Wink

Last edited by Heulog on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar police)
Heulog
Heulog
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Oddball Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Last night run was fun and progressive
felt we nearly had SOA but lost my sound card (on and off last night) and now is shot made talking and listening on teamspeak a nightmare at end hence my snappy log off , for which a apologise

As Heulog say's we need people to be pro active in guild sign ups.

i dont sign up as i am part of the furniture always there if needed willing to step out if not needed (normal runs) for others to gear up and learn the runs , ect
Oddball
Oddball
Guild Commander

https://www.facebook.com/godofthebeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rj/Adon'ar Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Oddball wrote:Last night run was fun and progressive
felt we nearly had SOA but lost my sound card (on and off last night) and now is shot made talking and listening on teamspeak a nightmare at end hence my snappy log off , for which a apologise
As Heulog say's we need people to be pro active in guild sign ups .i dont sign up as i am part of the furniture always there if needed willing to step out if not needed (normal runs) for others to gear up and learn the runs , ect

First off, you couldn't help it Oddball, if your sound card suddenly mucks up for some reasons, yeah, like I said, you can't help it Wink.

And like Heulog is saying: Everybody remember to sign up, if you want to come to the Ops run !

- Rj.
Rj/Adon'ar
Rj/Adon'ar
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpinjonny Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:16 am

i apoligise for my internet completely shut off i have no idea why it happened at the critical moment of the final boss, reset my router and my computer and it was not having any of it and worked fine next morning must of been at thier end not mine.

I though the run went really well and was really fun.

i dont know about the situation with signing up, but i always sign up on a day i can do the op and always at the fleet waiting at 7PM, i feel if there is lots of people wanting do HM op and KP ect that some people myself included maybe take it in turns.

for example i signed up for the HM op and will probs sign up for next weeks HM OP but if another DPS has signed up that didnt do last week im more than happy for the DPS to take my place so we all got a fair chance to gear up.

i hope im making sense lol its just a suggestion i dont know what other guild members think.
jumpinjonny
jumpinjonny
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.facebook.com/jumpinjonny

Back to top Go down

Post  IlseA Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 am

Yes, it was a good run overall, and with good tactics adjustment after each wipe, meaning that people really focussed on getting better, which is what (for me at least) it's about Smile

About the loot, I have a suggestion to make. In addition to the need (you need it, as is, for your char), and the greed (you could use it on a companion), there should be something like "off-spec" or "mods". I know that it complicates things a bit, but I think it's also important that we have the opportunity to gear for diversity as well.

And the complication would be a bit helped with less chatting during the loot. I don't want to become hardcore (I've had my share of this), but really, there's no need to chatter like magpies. Not only is it distracting, but it causes mistakes and resentment when rolls are not seen, or forgotten, etc.

Just a suggestion of course, I can live like we do atm... Smile

IlseA
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Web Admin Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:35 am

The loot system is going to be overhauled. I can't promise it will be implemented right away, but I am working on it right now.

Web Admin
Website Administrator

http://order.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Ev HM ops run summary  Empty EV Hm turn's to SM instead

Post  Talernar Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:38 am

Well good night in EV with only a few problem's with late start time and having to do a little swooping around but was in and out by 11 BST,

run went smooth with a few problem's on soe but made it a night to remember as ts wasn't up and running and we had a new tank to the group which leorra you did a very good job Smile

as for the rest we pugged a off tank helia and a dps called set very nice people

to all that signed up and was on time thank you and sorry for the deal

and finaly got my show box bounce but with the drop rate of the car everyone will get it in time Smile

hopefully wil get some nice progress tomorrow with denova coast but if ts is till down will change denova to a ev HM
Talernar
Talernar
Guild Quartermaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Leorra\Leornis\Kalthra Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah was fun for my first op and not difficult at all. Main issue I had was on phase 3 of soa and positioning soa correctly under the pylons fast enough before they fall. Our first attempt on soa wiped as 3-4 of us didnt run of the platform in time at 35% and died. I lost aggro a couple of times whilst leading soa around to find pylons which didnt help as I was too busy looking around with the camera for where i should be (was tricky to 1: spot the pylon coming of the wall, 2 position soa in time under it) but I just need more practice doing it. The other causes of wipes were too many mind traps active but not much I can do about that.

Leorra\Leornis\Kalthra
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum