Order of Light & Order of Fading Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some PvP Basics

Go down

Some PvP Basics Empty Some PvP Basics

Post  Rj/Adon'ar Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 am

Heya,

So, I'm gonna tell you a couple of basics of PvP.

First off, if you only plan to do Warzones at level 50, you can get a quest (New Technology) from the PvP terminal in the Combat Training Section.
You don't have to do anything, it's just pick up, hand in, and choose from a set of Recruit PvP gear, or 320K credits. (I also made a topic about those 320K credits, link: http://order.omgforum.net/t237-320k-free-credits)

Ok, now we've got you geared a bit, let's talk about how to and what to Smile.

Expertise

You will need Expertise, and lot's of it. The Recruit PvP Set has expertise on every piece of it, so you might have figured that out on your own :-). So, what does Expertise do? It increases your effectiveness in PvP Combat, thus, making you last longer, and making you more efficient. Now, in detail, it increases damage you do against players by X % and reduces the damage you receive from the players by X %. So, as you can see Expertise is important, this is also why when you queue that you get bashed by all those Sith Inquisitors in their menacing robes, because they have lot's of expertise on the gear ! Anyhow, that's enough about Expertise, you probably know a lot more about it now.

Tactics

Yes, how are you going to fight your enemies? You need to be clever, agile and (no brainer) tactical. You have to use tactics, and teamwork, lot's of teamwork, because you can't say: "I'm going solo to capture that turret !", you can't, because the enemy might be with more, and then, well, unless you're a very good PvPer, screwed, because Strength is in Numbers.

Now, if you get in a fight against enemies, you can't perform the same tactics like you used against the mobs you fought against during your leveling, in those quests. Because the person behind the character can think, but so can you, you need to outplay your opponent, be smarter then him ! You need to make use of LoS, for example. <-- What is LoS? Line of Sight. When you're not in the LoS of your enemy, he can't hit you, now, you can't hit him either, but if you're losing the battle, it might be handy to turn the tide of the battle, and have a quick rest Smile ! If you're a Melee, and you're fighting against a caster, he will have to change his position, or come closer to you, which is good, because then you can hit him ! So, that's LoS.

Further on, you need to 'assassinate' your enemies, because if they're not expecting a fight, they'll be less prepared, which is good for you. You also need to use abilities that slow down your enemies, this is, in particular, handier for the Melee under us. Stuns are also very important, because then, your enemies is incapacitated, and he is unable to do anything, now of course, your enemy can also use an ability to break out of the stuns. You of course, can also use this ability, but use it wisely ! When you're being stunlocked <-- Consistently being stunned, nonstop, until you're dead. As I was saying, when you're being stunlocked, you shouldn't use it, most of the time, when you're being stunlocked, you don't survive, so it isn't worth trying. You should use it when you're CCed, for example. Because CC most of the time incapacitates you for 45 seconds, and that's a long time to be out of battle, ofcourse, in the heat of the battle you probably won't be CCed, but rather be stunned, then it's also advised to use your ability to break out of it.

Goals

In PvP, it most of the time revolves around capturing certain objects (Turrets, Alderaan Civil War or Novare Coast)
Getting a specific object from one place to another (The Huttball, Huttball.)
Or getting to a specific object in a certain time, and then capturing the object. (The Voidstar, The Voidstar Computer.)
Voidstar is a tad different, if you're attacking, the tactic I said applies to you, but if you're defending, you need to make sure the enemy doesn't place bombs on the door, and make sure they don't get closer to the computer.
How can I prevent this? You can, for example, keep using channeled attacks on a specific area, A Sage's Force Quake, for example. It takes 8 seconds to place the bomb, so, you can easily prevent it.

Will be updating this further soon.
Rj/Adon'ar
Rj/Adon'ar
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down